- Water Chestnut Pulls – (Click here to register online; Click here for more about this non-native invasive.)
- Visitors: We recommend insect repellent. Click for more info.
- Membership: Click here to join or renew today. (Sheldon Foundation is matching new memberships!)
- Summer Day Camp: Click here to check enrollments and download forms.
- Kestrel Box Camera: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wny-american-kestrel
(Thank you, Tom LeBlanc)
- Frequently Requested
About Us ~ Program Listing ~ Hours & Directions ~ Job Openings
- “Paper” Newsletters: Archives ~ May-June 2014 ~ July-August 2014
- Popular: ~2014 Photo Contest ~ Ranger Rick Geocache Trail Instructions ~ Ranger Rick Geocaches at Jamestown Audubon
Let’s Be Friends!
Please consider becoming a Friend of the Nature Center! Membership dollars will be matched dollar for dollar by the Sheldon Foundation!
Click here to learn about member benefits and to pay your membership dues online.
MAPS Bird Banding (All)
Saturday, August 2, 2014, 7:00am-11:00am
Tag along with ornithologists to learn how they capture, band, and release birds for scientific research.
“Charming” Memory Wire Bracelet (Adult+)
Saturday, August 2, 2014, 10:00am-12:00pm
Make a colorful beaded bracelet with a nature-themed charm.
Saturday, August 2, 2014, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Photographer Catherine Panebianco teaches you some tips and tricks to make fabulous photographs with your iPhone.
Little Explorers (children aged 3-8 and a grownup)
Saturday, August 9, 2014, 10:00am-11:30am
Nature lesson, walk, craft, and a snack.
Bucket List: Purple Martins (Adult+)
Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 4:30pm-10:00pm
Travel to Presque Isle to see the amazing gathering of Purple Martins as they “stage” before their migration south. (Part of the Bucket List series)
Healthy Landscapes – Healthy Waters (Adult)
Thursday, August 14, 2014, 7:00pm-8:00pm
Hewes BOCES Center, Ashville, NY
Scott Kishbaugh of the Department of Environmental Conservation speaks on ways you can make a difference in your watershed.
Grasses, Sedges, and Rushes (Adult)
Saturday, August 16, 2014, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Learn to identify some of the more common plants in these families.
Meet Me at the Riverwalk (All)
Saturday, August 16, 2014, 7:00pm-8:30pm
Meet Audubon naturalist Crin Fredrickson at Friendly’s Restaurant in Jamestown, New York to explore nature along the Riverwalk. Plan on grabbing an ice cream after the walk!
Monarchs & Margaritas (Adult)
Friday, August 29, 2014, 5:00pm-7:00pm
Enjoy refreshments and (adult) beverages at this sneak preview of our Monarch Butterfly Festival.
Monarch Butterfly Festival (All)
Saturday, August 30, 2014, 10:00am-4:00pm
Join us for a day of Monarch fun as we fill a room with fresh cut flowers and live butterflies. Visit the butterflies, watch how they are tagged, hold a caterpillar, and watch them emerge from chrysalises. Crafts, good food, and more family fun make this a great festival for all ages.