Become a Friend of the Nature Center
Your Friends of the Nature Center Dollars Support:
- Two sanctuaries and a nature center building with exhibits, meeting space, and a nature store.
- Educational animals including Liberty, a non-releasable Bald Eagle
- Nature education programs for all ages
- School and Scout programs
- Research and conservation projects
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Free public access to 5.5 miles of hiking trails from dawn until dusk daily
- Free public access to exhibits on Sundays from 1:00 until 4:30pm.
Friends of the Nature Center Levels and Benefits:
Senior Individual $30; Individual $45; Senior Family $40
Friends at these levels enjoy:
- Free building admission Monday-Saturday 10:00am-4:30pm
- Listing on our website (scroll down to see current “Friends”)
- Special pricing for programs and events
- Early-bird registration for Enchanted Forest
- 10% Discount in the store
- 10% Discount on Rentals
Friends at the Family level enjoy all of the above, plus:
- Day Camp
- Birthday Parties
Bump it Up to a Premium Level for More Benefits!
Friends at the premium levels enjoy all of the above, plus:
- Sustaining $100-299; Contributing $300-499 - 15% discount on rentals
- Supporting $500-999; Benefactor $1,000+ – 20% discount on rentals
Organizational Friends of the Nature Center
Non-profit and governmental service agencies that use Audubon programs or facilities in furtherance of their missions are eligible to become Organizational Friends of the Nature Center for $150. Benefits to staff and agency participants include:
- Free admission to the building
- Member rates for public programs
- 15% discount on rentals
Become a Friend today! Click one:
- Download the Friends of the Nature Center Application to mail in with payment.
- Sign up or renew online.
More Information about Membership Levels
Membership Level Definitions
|Level||Dues*||Definition (to whom it applies)|
|Family||$55||Adult(s) and children 18 and under|
|Student||$35||One person attending school fulltime|
|Senior Individual||$30||One person, age 65 and up|
|Senior Family||$40||Two Adults age 65 and up; children 18 and under may visit the building and attend programs with them at the FONC rate|
|Organizational||$150||Non-profit or government agencies who wish to use Audubon programs and facilities in furtherance of their missions.|
|Sustaining||$100-299||Same as Family or Senior Family|
|Contributing||$300-499||Same as Family or Senior Family|
|Supporting||$500-999||Same as Family or Senior Family|
|Benefactor||$1,000 +||Same as Family or Senior Family|
* Effective January 1, 2014
- For all levels, newsletters and other mailings go to one address only.
- Members at the $55 level and higher are eligible to schedule birthday parties and to register children for Day Camp.
- New memberships and renewals include two free admission tickets (to the building) to encourage members to show off the Nature Center exhibits to family and friends.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS & VOTING MEMBERS: According to our by-laws, board members must be members of National Audubon and only National members can vote at our annual meetings. To learn more about National membership, click here. The 3-digit chapter code for Jamestown Audubon Society is R03.